Our show chorus began 15 years ago and consists of children between the ages of 7 (By September 1st) through 6th Grade). It is perfect for a child who may be shy but wants to be more comfortable performing on stage- but it is also great for more seasoned performers who would like to audition for solos and have the exposure of singing a solo at a larger venue. If you have a child younger than 7, we recommend our VPK-6 year old Musical Theater Class. Click HERE now to learn more.
We are proud to have had our chorus students featured at Walt Disney World, Downtown Celebration, Gaylord Palms Resort, UCF Arena, United Way events, retirement homes, the National Anthem for the Magic and Braves, The Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, and even auditioned for America’s Got Talent in Orlando.
We meet once a week and will spend the first five minutes on music reading, scales, and vocal warm-ups. The remainder of the time will be spent learning our music for the session along with stage choreography.
Please Note: Students will be performing up to a 25 minute repertoire of music at various locations during the season. Please keep in mind that although our show chorus does not require auditions to join, there are opportunities for solos depending on the songs that are chosen for the season. For anyone that is interested in ‘possible’ singing or speaking solos, we will be looking for how your child projects, their pitch, and stage presence. Dates will be provided for parents in advance on when your child would audition for various solos.
Note From Mr. Caponi
I have been directing the chorus for 15 years and the time has come where a new director may come in after this season. It has been an amazing journey and the decision is going to be very difficult. For the spring season, I plan on creating a repertoire of not only new music, but bringing back some of the most memorable music from the past 15 years. I use the word, maybe (retirement), only because you never know what is going to happen. Nevertheless, this is going to be an amazing season and I’m sure it will be emotional for me, but I look forward to some great memories.
Class schedule, performances, and attire
(CLICK HERE TO SHOW INTEREST IN FALL 2019 CLASSES)
- Chorus: Ages 7 (by August 1st, 2019) through 6th Grade each Wednesday (4:30-5:30 p.m.) -August 15th – December 18th
- All classes will be located at our studio -305 North US-Highway 27 Suite D Minneola, Fl 34715
- Registration (New & Returning Students): $25 per student or $30 per family, which includes Sheet Music, rehearsal CD, and rights to perform.
- Performing Polo Shirt is required for purchase. $20
- Tuition: $300 for the Season. It is conveniently broken into five monthly payments at $60 per month.
- Performance attire consists of: Black Dress Pants, Black shoes (flats or all black). All shoes will have to be approved by the Caponi’s prior to a performance. No colored shoelaces. All polos are tucked in.
- Toy Story 2 (Choral Medley)– Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the gang’s is celebrated with songs by Randy Newman. In this set, you’ll find When She Loved Me; Woody’s Roundup and a swingin’ big band arrangement of the ever-popular You’ve Got A Friend In Me. Complete with sound effects, a hoedown dance break, and the heartfelt ballad. Click HERE for a preview.
- Its the Girls (Medley)-From the Bette Midler album of the same name, this five-minute medley of hits is a salute to the super girls groups of the past! Songs include: Be My Baby (the Ronettes); One Fine Day (The Chiffons) and Tell Him (The Exciters). Click HERE for a preview
- The Polar Express (A Choral Medley)–This much-anticipated movie, based on the popular children’s book by Chris Van Allsberg, stars Tom Hanks and has a wonderful musical score by Alan Silvestri and Glen Ballard. Six-minute medley includes: Polar Express; Hot Chocolate; Rockin’ On Top of the World; Believe; When Christmas Comes to Town; Spirit of the Season; Santa Claus Is Coming to Town and Winter Wonderland. Click HERE for a preview
- Sparklejollytwinklejingley- Here’s a delightfully cheerful number from the Broadway musical “Elf,” which is based on the Will Ferrell film. The whimsical words and merry music are guaranteed to put a smile on every face this Christmas! “If you want to deck the halls for Mister C., make sure they’re sparklejollytwinklejingley…” This is splashy holiday entertainment with razzmatazz to spare. Click HERE for a preview
- A Holiday Road of Carols– Holiday Road, made famous as the theme for “National Lampoon’s Vacation,” serves as the chorus for this one-of-a-kind medley. Incorporating verses of Jingle Bells; Deck the Hall and We Wish You a Merry Christmas, this selection will make a great finale for your Christmas program. Click HERE for a preview