Our show chorus began 15 years ago and consists of children between the ages of 7 (By September 1st) through 6th Grade). It is perfect for a child who may be shy but wants to be more comfortable performing on stage- but it is also great for more seasoned performers who would like to audition for solos and have the exposure of singing a solo at a larger venue. If you have a child younger than 7, we recommend our VPK-6 year old Musical Theater Class. Click HERE now to learn more.
We are proud to have had our chorus students featured at Walt Disney World, Downtown Celebration, Gaylord Palms Resort, UCF Arena, United Way events, retirement homes, the National Anthem for the Magic and Braves, The Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, and even auditioned for America’s Got Talent in Orlando.
We meet once a week and will spend the first five minutes on music reading, scales, and vocal warm-ups. The remainder of the time will be spent learning our music for the session along with stage choreography.
Please Note: Students will be performing up to a 25 minute repertoire of music at various locations during the season. Please keep in mind that although our show chorus does not require auditions to join, there are opportunities for solos depending on the songs that are chosen for the season. For anyone that is interested in ‘possible’ singing or speaking solos, we will be looking for how your child projects, their pitch, and stage presence. Dates will be provided for parents in advance on when your child would audition for various solos.
Note From Mr. Caponi
I have been directing the chorus for 15 years and the time has come where a new director may come in after this season. It has been an amazing journey and the decision is going to be very difficult. For the spring season, I plan on creating a repertoire of not only new music, but bringing back some of the most memorable music from the past 15 years. I use the word, maybe (retirement), only because you never know what is going to happen. Nevertheless, this is going to be an amazing season and I’m sure it will be emotional for me, but I look forward to some great memories.
Class schedule, performances, and attire
(CLICK HERE TO SHOW INTEREST IN SPRING CLASSES)
- Chorus: Ages 7 (by August 1st, 2018) through 6th Grade each Wednesday (4:30-5:30 p.m.) -January 9th – May 15th
- All classes will be located at our studio -305 North US-Highway 27 Suite D Minneola, Fl 34715
- Registration (New & Returning Students): $25 per student or $30 per family, which includes Sheet Music, rehearsal CD, and rights to perform.
- Performing Polo Shirt is required for purchase. $20
- Tuition: $300 for the Season. It is conveniently broken into five monthly payments at $60 per month.
- Performance attire consists of: Black Dress Pants, Black shoes (flats or all black). All shoes will have to be approved by the Caponi’s prior to a performance. No colored shoelaces. All polos are tucked in.
Spring Repertoire (More to Come)
Plan is to have a concert in the late spring with an intermission for our set.
- Mad Hatter– One of our favorite songs from the Broadway Hit ‘ Wonderland’. We sang this about 6 years ago at Disney. Click HERE for a preview.
- My Shot!-“Hamilton” is without question the most creative, talked-about musical to hit Broadway this millennium! We sang this song only about a year ago, but was definitely one of our best show-stoppers and most difficult to sing as a group, but we took it to the house each time we sang it. Click HERE for a preview
- A Tribute to Queen– The music of Freddie Mercury and Queen continues to “wow” listeners of all ages! We sang this medley on our second stint for America’s Got Talent 3 years ago. We had 3 producers come in to hear our medley. Although we didn’t get through, it was an amazing experience. Click HERE for a preview
- Listen to the Rain– Creating a remarkably realistic-sounding thunderstorm (using body percussion). From the hush of the wind preceding the rain to the climactic crash of the thunder, the effect is breathtaking! We sang this at Disney about 7 years ago and became one of our most gentle and realistic pieces to date. Had to bring this back!! Click HERE for a preview
- My Favorite Things– This delightful six-minute medley of the children’s songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “The Sound of Music.” Every time we sang this, the audience sang along, and there were many tears from parents and people around. Click HERE for a preview.
- I Can, Can!– Virtually anything is possible in this amazingly clever parody of Offenbach’s famous Can-Can from “Orpheus in the Underworld.” “I’ve found the secret to success. This was truly our first transition with my chorus 7 years ago to go into difficult two-part choreography and show stopping numbers. So glad to bring this one back!! Click HERE for a preview.
- City of Stars– And the Oscar goes to…” this, the signature song from critically acclaimed and highly awarded “La La Land.” One of our most ‘moving’ pieces. Click HERE for a preview.
- Whisper– “I need to whisper something to you. Whisper, whisper something now!” We sang this about 4 years ago and was one of our first 2-part songs. One of my favorites. Click HERE for a preview
- Evolution of Dance– Our first show-stopping medley over 10 years ago. No preview. Want it to be a surprise.
- Toy Story 2– This is the one that will make me cry!!!!! It was our very first medley 15 years ago!!!! I can’t believe I’m doing this to myself!!! Click HERE for a preview.
- Bowing Music– I will not reveal the bowing music, but will use a song from year 3 in the chorus.
Spring Performance Locations (more to come)
- National Anthem for the Atlanta Braves (Sunday, March 3 versus the Miami Marlins (my favorite team) at 1:05 p.m. Coincidentally, this is the final year the Braves will be at Disney. They are moving their location after this year). This is a ticketed event and all performers will need a ticket. We will get a group performing discount. Link to come soon
- Pig on the Pond (Sunday, March 10th-3:00-3:30) on the main amphitheater stage near the Highlander Hut in Downtown Clermont.
- More to Come
- Click HERE to register now f0r the Spring!
- Click HERE to check out our YouTube Channel with videos