We are proud to announce our musical theater summer camps, where our students will embark on a journey of putting on a fully staged musical. Our younger kids group is now over. Congrats to all our Willy Wonka Kids Summer Campers. The Jr group is now full, but we are taking students on a waiting list.
Summer camps will start with a morning conversation around a positive, enriching value or theme for the day, such as compassion, leadership, or communication. We will also begin with some fun dance warm-ups to get the campers moving about. There is also wrap up time at the end of the day to conclude the day with reflection on the day’s value or theme.
These are action-packed and challenging weeks full of learning, fun, and friends! Students will study acting, music, and dance as part of the rehearsal process, which also includes technical elements such as lights, sound, set, costumes, and props. Camps end with 3 fully staged performances!
Scroll all the way until the end for camp information.
Students entering Grades 6-12 This Summer
CLASS IS NOW FULL.
CLICK TO BE ON A WAITING LIST OR LOOK AT OUR FALL CLASSES BEGINNING IN AUGUST
July 10th-July 21st (9:00-4:00)
The delicious adventures of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory light up the stage in this captivating adaptation of Roald Dahl's fantastical tale. Featuring the enchanting songs from the 1971 film, in addition to a host of fun new songs, Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka JR. is a scrumdidilyumptious musical guaranteed to delight everyone's sweet tooth. Now in the updated Binder format!
Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka JR. follows enigmatic candy manufacturer Willy Wonka as he stages a contest by hiding golden tickets in five of his scrumptious candy bars. Whomever comes up with these tickets will win a free tour of the Wonka factory, as well as a lifetime supply of candy. Four of the five winning children are insufferable brats, but the fifth is a likeable young lad named Charlie Bucket, who takes the tour in the company of his equally amiable grandfather. The children must learn to follow Mr. Wonka's rules in the factory — or suffer the consequences.
(2-week summer camp is $550 plus a non-refundable $70 registration fee - (July 10th-July 21st)- Monday-Friday: (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
There will be 3 performances set for Friday, July 21st (7:00 pm) and Saturday, July 22nd (1:00 & 7:00 pm). Students will leave at 3:00 on final day to head home, shower, and arrive for call time at 5:15. All performances are a ticketed event held at our studio. General admission is $10 per ticket. Camp spots are limited to 30.
Click HERE to listen to a sample of the music and see the list of characters in the musical.
Audition Information for both camps:
Students will audition prior to the start of the program using Google Classroom; we will have an audition information coming soon. Details will be sent out about one month prior to the first day of class. Every student has a place in the cast. The auditions allow the casting team to find the best role for each student. There may be call-backs and auditions could continue on the first day or so of class.
Auditions have voice, dance, and acting components and are structured to provide a supportive atmosphere where students are encouraged to be brave and show the artistic team engagement, willingness to learn, and a positive, collaborative spirit. No previous experience is needed. First Day of Class email will be sent within a month of the start date.
Drop off begins 15 minutes before camp or class begins and ends 10 minutes after camp or class ends. We cannot accept any students prior to this window.
- Please note a late fee of $25 will be charged after 10 minutes of each class if not picked up on time.
- Snacks are NOT provided. Campers will need to bring a snack, disposable lunch, and water bottle each day. There will be no sharing of food of ANY kind. Please do not bring snacks for the group.
- Note: We are asking that parents do not bring in food from an outside vendor during lunch. We are trying to avoid any extra traffic in our studio during the day. If your child forgets their lunch, you can leave it on the lobby on the desk. Please nothing that can spill or stain.
- Flavored and colored drinks are discouraged. We like our students to stay hydrated with water.
- All students need to wear comfortable clothing including closed toed shoes. No flip flops.
- Click HERE to register. Classes WILL fill up. Registration payment guarantees your child's spot.
- Sibling camp discount- $50 off per additional child(ren).
- First Day of class email will be sent approximately one month before class begins, which include music to rehearse ahead of time.
- REGISTRATION FEE: Non-refundable registration fee is $70 per child ($10 off for sibling) guarantees your child's spot. Registration includes purchasing show materials & rights to perform music, costume fees, and show t-shirt)
- Tuition is due by the first day of camp. If tuition is not paid by the first day of class, your child will not be able to return the next day Tuition can be paid by check at the studio, on the website via credit card, or check by mail at:
- Caponis Cannolis, LLC-303 North US Highway 27 Unit 2C Minneola, Fl. 34715
- The Caponi's Cannolis, LLC has the right to cancel a class up to one week prior to the start date. Refunds will be processed if a class or camp is cancelled.
- No refunds available if a purchaser drops a camp unless the spot can be filled from a waitlist. If a spot can be filled, a refund will be given.